Amazon Cloudwatch is a monitoring tool for AWS resources, services and applications that display metrics and create alarms to send notifications. It also spontaneously makes changes to resources that is under monitoring when a threshold is hit. Amazon CloudWatch offers detailed insight via wide-ranging reports and metrics to ensure robust, seamless and effective operations. CloudWatch also delivers reports on business resource use, performance, operational issues and constraints.
CloudWatch logs can come from a number of sources such as:
• Logs generated by Web server like Nginx, IIS
• Logs created by database server like MongoDB , Mysql , PostgreSQL, SQL Server
• Operating system like Linux, windows logs
• Logs generated by Lambda functions service
• Logs generated by CloudTrail events
Amazon Cloudwatch supports to track a wide variety of helpful metrics, including:
• The number of CPU credits spent by the instance for CPU utilization
• The number of earned CPU credits that an instance has accrued since it was launched or started.
• The number of surplus credits that have been spent by an unlimited instance when its CPUCreditBalance value is zero.
• The percentage of allocated EC2 compute units that are currently in use on the instance.
• Completed read operations from all instance store volumes available to the instance in a specified period of time.
• Completed write operations to all instance store volumes available to the instance in a specified period of time.
• Completed read operations from all Amazon EBS volumes attached to the instance in a specified period of time.
• Completed write operations to all EBS volumes attached to the instance in a specified period of time.
• Bytes read from all EBS volumes attached to the instance in a specified period of time.
• Bytes written to all EBS volumes attached to the instance in a specified period of time.
Nub8 cloud consultants have a depth of experience supporting companies to leverage their Amazon Web Services specially solution based Amazon Cloudwatch. From determining the business case for switching to AWS, to its design, deployment, tracking, monitoring and management of its complex initiatives, we provide a full suite of consulting and technology solutions. Nub8 will work with our clients to define a business strategy, build a cloud roadmap, optimize your move to the cloud, outline cloud monitoring plan, and implement modern platforms for ongoing operational excellence. We believe cloud is the new normal in IT industry and has the prospective to change everything. Whether you’re viewing to the cloud for robustness, innovation, agility, cost savings, operational excellence, we know you want to do it right.